If you are into Human Resource Management, you surely know the meaning of payroll. Evolution of payroll is something that a lot of people are unaware about. There was a time when manual bookkeeping was used to take care of the payroll management; not to forget it was quite a task and thus, with time and with the introduction of computers, people blessed the development that allowed them to bring the payroll to excel sheets. Now, the payroll has climbed one step ahead, thanks to the process of cloud.
But what is payroll on cloud?
Managing the payroll of all the employees in an organization is no piece of cake; there are so many things that you need to remember and you can’t be expected to remember the name and salary of each and every person working under the roofs of the organization you work as an HR individual for. Since you can’t work on the payroll manually, it is always good to use software for the same. Most of the organizations around the globe ensure to get into payroll on cloud.
Wondering what that is?
Payroll on cloud helps in managing the administrative nightmare of your business. The job may seem like a big thing on your head, but it is only when you have to do each and every single thing manually. No matter how big or small your enterprise is, with the help of payroll on cloud, everything can be managed in the right and appropriate manner. Your stress is divided since you are allowed to think about other things more than the payroll management that you, otherwise, have to concentrate on.
There are a lot of benefits of using payroll on cloud, out of which the top ones are mentioned below:
1) Employees can access their payroll information too: If you want your employees to access the information related to their payroll, you have to put it on cloud. They can read whatever details they want to so that they are sure about what they are receiving and why.
2) Payroll management is easier when it is on cloud: Managing payrolls of various employees is not everyone’s cup of tea; if you have something that’s doing the job for you automatically, you feel relieved and relaxed. Thanks to payroll on cloud, everything is managed on its own and hence, you have immense time to perform other activities at work.
3) There are automatic updates; this means that you don’t have to update the information over and over again: Automatic updates are required when you want to focus on other things at work. Even if you are in the HR department, it doesn’t mean that you have just one task to perform; we are sure there are a lot of things that you have to do at work. While you concentrate on other things related to your department, the payroll on cloud updates automatically.
4) You need absolutely no back-ups at all: Most of the software needs back-ups; payroll on cloud doesn’t because it is not anything like any other software; it is more like a piece of saved information on the internet or web. It doesn’t vanish just like that.
5) There is improved transparency between you and the organization, you and the employees and the employees and the organization: It is important for every company to be transparent with its employees; if you are in the HR department of any organization, you have to be transparent to the employees too. With the help of the payroll on cloud, you can be transparent to the people your company pays and vice versa.
6) Payroll systems can be integrated with other systems very easily: You have to find ways in which you can integrate all the software together so that there is an ease of working with each one of them together. Payroll systems can be used with all the other software that you have in all the systems of your organization.
7) Reporting becomes easier since everything is just a few clicks away: In order to report each and every single thing to your superiors, you have to make a list of all the things. However, it can be quite tiring and not feasible in bigger companies. When the payroll on cloud is adopted by an organization, it is able to send and receive reports within the hierarchies in an easier and simpler manner.
8) You can work from anywhere and everywhere that you want to: Sometimes, you may have to work from another system altogether; you may also have to visit another city due to business meetings or conferences; thanks to payroll on cloud, you can now work from anywhere and any system you want to.
9) The data is totally in your control: Why do you want to give the control of data to someone else when you can take control of every single piece of information? There are ways in which you, and only you, can edit the information mentioned in payroll on cloud.
10) The business can save a huge amount of money and track which employee is receiving what: When the business is clear about which employee is receiving what amount of money, it can note down the expenses and take care of all the things that can be cut down. Also, payroll on cloud allows you to understand which employee is banging incentives, why and till what extent they really deserve to get it.
11) The security is secured and protected; the information is safe and sound when it is on the cloud: If you think it is risky for you to leave the information on cloud, you’d be relieved to know that your information is safe, sound and protected despite being on cloud. The information can’t be manipulated or edited, unless someone has been given the authority to do so.
12) HR department is much more managed and sophisticated when it is managed with the help of payroll on cloud: When you manage the HR department with the help of payroll on cloud, you impress every single employee who joins your organization. Every single HR task related to payroll is managed when it is on cloud and thus, your employees are not only happy, but also content with the way you guys work.
If you have an organization, or you work as an HR individual in the HR department of any organization, payroll on cloud is the first thing that you need to think about for the sake of your employees and you.
Guest Post by Hansica (Editor –